World Best Body Pillow for Pregnancy – Expert’s Guide 2017
The best body pillow for pregnancy plays a major role in ensuring that a pregnant woman gets enough and quality sleep. It is important for the mother’s wellbeing and that of the baby inside her. However, as the unborn baby grows, it becomes increasingly difficult for the mother to get uninterrupted sleep. More care is necessary as the pregnancy advances, and this is why most women use a maternity body pillow to support their growing body.
The pregnancy body pillow goes a long way in keeping a pregnant woman comfortable and alleviating any discomfort while sleeping. In this review, we look into some of the leading pregnancy body pillows in the market and give our verdict on the best body pillow for pregnancy.
I know that you may be wondering if there is a difference between a body pillow and a pregnancy pillow. Yes, there is! Body pillows are straight while a pillow for pregnant women has contours and curves so that they can easily support your growing belly.
In this article, we intend to answer any question you could have about pregnancy pillows. Keep reading, and we promise that by the end, you will be an expert in this sector.
Types of Pregnancy Pillows
Pregnancy pillows are available in different shapes, sizes, and styles. We will look at each of these in a detailed manner, how to use each and the benefits and drawbacks.
Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow- It is a total body support pillow that secures the entire length of the body. They eliminate the need to have multiple small-size pillows, which is a significant benefit.
These pillows are either flexible or straight. You can adjust the flexible version to conform to the desired shape. The straight version is simply a longer version of a regular pillow, and it is not easy to adjust.
A full-length body pillow is designed for cuddling or hugging while sleeping.
The Wedge Pregnancy Pillow- From the name, this pillow has a wedge-shape. You place it on the tummy or back, where maximum comfort is needed while sleeping. You can also use it under your regular pillow to keep your head elevated.
The benefits of the wedge pillow are that it is the cheapest pregnancy pillow available, and it is practical during the nursing period. Also, wedge pillows do not take up much space. The wedge pillow is either round or triangular-shaped. The disadvantage of this pillow is that it only offers support to small body sections.
Total Body Pregnancy Pillows- These pillows wrap around the entire body for ultimate support. The pillow hugs both the front and the back, and it is perfect for alleviating back pain.
A total body pregnancy pillow can be of two styles: C-shaped and U-shaped. The proper way of using such pillows is straddling your body between them. The disadvantage of these pillows is that they are usually extra-large and not perfect for small-sized beds.
Indicators that you need a Pregnancy Pillow
- You experience pain in your pelvic area, hip, and lower back immediately after waking up in the morning.
- You have a pillow collection that you spread through the length of your body to keep you comfortable.
- For people used to sleeping on your tummy or back before pregnancy.
- For individuals with any medical conditions like sciatica.
Benefits of a Pregnancy Pillow
- The best body pillow for pregnancy keeps your body secured all night long. No more tossing and turning during your sleep for a restful night.
- You can now enjoy a good rest at night, which is critical for your wellbeing and that of your unborn baby.
- A body pillow for pregnancy helps a woman to stay relaxed while sleeping for better blood circulation.
- A pregnancy pillow helps a woman to keep her legs elevated as the doctors recommend, and this promotes a deep, peaceful sleep.
Here is a list of the world best body pillow for pregnancy at a glance
|Product Image||Product Name||Design||Filling||Removable Cover||Weight||Buy|
|Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||C-shaped||Hypo-allergenic polyester fiberfill||Yes||3 Pounds||View On Amazon|
|Naomi Home Cozy Body Pillow||U-shaped||Memory Foam||Yes||9.6 Pounds||View On Amazon|
|U-Shaped Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Pillow||U-shaped||Polyester polymer||Yes||8.8 Pounds||View On Amazon|
|PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow||C-shaped||Cotton fabric||Yes||8.9 Pounds||View On Amazon|
|Cheer Collection Alternative Down Pregnancy U Pillow||U-shaped||Hypo-allergenic microfiber filling||Yes||9.5 Pounds||View On Amazon|
1. Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
Leachco Snoogle is a total body pillow designed with a unique C-shape so that it takes up the natural shape and contours of your body. The pillow offers the much-needed support for your hips and tummy while propping up your head for relaxed breathing. It, therefore, helps eliminate heartburn, nausea, and other discomforts that result during pregnancy.
The pillow is made using hypo-allergenic polyester fiberfill with a removable pillowcase, which is ideal for expectant mothers with sensitive skin. The C-shape design allows for versatility where the pillow is usable in multiple positions. Adjusting as necessary is easy.
Leachco Snoogle continues to serve you during nursing. Most pregnant women love it because it offers extra support which reduces leg cramps.
The upper part of this pillow has a horseshoe shape, and it supports the head. It is adjustable to the desired height. The middle part supports the belly and the back while the other end can be placed between the knees which helps eliminate back pains.
The pillowcase is washable and easy to change. The pillow is perfect for pregnant women of all sizes and heights.
- Leachco Snoogle is very versatile, and it allows you to have fun while using it. You can use this pillow while sleeping, watching TV, or just relaxing.
- Users of this pillow confirm that it is the perfect remedy for muscle aches, heartburn, and back pain during pregnancy.
- This pillow is extra huge thus not ideal for use in a small or shared bed.
- We also found the pillow to be a little too pricey.
2. Naomi Home Cozy Body Pillow
The Naomi pregnancy body pillow is perfect for women who need relief from aches and strains caused by pregnancy. The extra support offered by the pillow makes a significant difference in the quality of sleep received.
Naomi Pillow provides ergonomic support so that you can position your body as your desire. You can now cuddle up comfortably during your sleep or lean in different positions. The pillow has head and leg supports which allow you to sit when watching a movie or nursing comfortably.
We especially love the quality materials and excellent construction of this pregnancy pillow. The seams are well-designed, and they are not exposed. There is, therefore, no pressure exerted on the neck. The pillowcase is removable and easy to wash.
This pillow is U-shaped, and it has inner contours which perfectly fit your natural body curves. The top area is large, and it serves as a neck and shoulder support while the inner part supports your belly as it grows.
- Naomi Pillow is versatile. It can be used while sleeping, relaxing on a couch, and it even adds up to a nursing pillow.
- It is a full-length pregnancy body pillow that keeps the spine aligned to eliminate any unnecessary pressure and aches.
- The wedged support that this pillow provides around the belly ensures the comfort of both the baby and the mother.
- This pillow is gigantic, and this makes it difficult for the expectant woman to embark on it, especially if the baby bump is huge.
3. U-Shaped Premium Contoured Body Pregnancy Pillow
U-shaped Premium Pregnancy Pillow is perfect for expecting mothers, and it helps to alleviate leg and hip pain, backaches, and heartburn. However, this is not just a pregnant women pillow; it can also be used to achieve better sleeping habits and by people with back issues.
This pillow has a 60-inch length, 25-inch width, and 7-inch height. It has an extra-large size which gives maximum comfort and relaxation for pregnant women and also prevents nasal congestion, heartburn, and sciatica.
U-shaped Pregnancy Pillow has a heat resistant polyester polymer filling. The material allows free air circulation to prevent overheating. Also, the polyester polymer is completely hypoallergenic, soft, and fluffy for maximum comfort. It is designed to withstand very high temperatures when washing and drying, and this allows for a fast drying, unlike regular pillows. Polyester/cotton blend material is used to make the pillow. Removing for cleaning is easy. Also, the case perfectly fits the pillow, which prevents wrinkling and wadding of the case during use. You may get an extra pillowcase for easy exchange between washes.
The pillow has a huge U-shape which supports both the front and the back for side-sleepers. You can also tuck it between the legs to keeps the hips and back aligned.
- The polyester filling of this pillow prevents it from lumping, clumping, or flattening for the ultimate comfort.
- The pillow and its cover are very durable which allows you to wash it as often as you wish. Besides, it dries very quickly for continued use.
- The main issue we had with the U-shaped Premium Pregnancy Pillow is the large space that it takes up. You might want to get a smaller pillow if you have a limited sleeping area.
4. PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
The most common problems that pregnant women encounter are the sore neck, shoulder aches, and back pain. These issues are mainly as a result of using the wrong pillow. The good news is that with the PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, you no longer have to be burdened by such discomfort. The pillow is designed to support the entire body.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow has a C-shaped design that is very helpful in alleviating pain and discomfort that is likely to result in pregnancy. The good thing is that this pillow is not just ideal for pregnant women; it also works great for individuals suffering from back and joint pain.
It has a zippered cover which is easy to remove and wash. Therefore, the ease of maintenance achieved is a major thing to love about the pillow. Besides, the pillow uses cotton fabric, which makes it very durable and facilitates air circulation.
Your health always comes first, and especially so during pregnancy. It, therefore, goes without question that your pillow should be made using the right materials. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is lead, BPA, and phthalate-free, thus perfect for human use.
- PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow has a C-shape which is great at supporting your growing belly. The pillow helps reduce the pressure exerted on muscles for the ultimate comfort.
- The pillow uses hypoallergenic fabrics and fillings which eliminate allergic reactions, skin diseases, and breathing issues.
- This pillow is designed to maximally support the neck and back while sleeping for a peaceful rest.
- It is very versatile. Use the pillow even after pregnancy to nursing your little one.
- The comfort of the PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is limited because it only offers full support for the head. You might have to add extra pillows to support the sides and the back fully.
5. Cheer Collection Alternative Down Pregnancy U Pillow
Another pregnancy U pillow by Cheer Collection. This body pillow uses hypoallergenic microfiber filling, which is the perfect solution especially for mothers who are prone to allergic reaction.
This pillow offers a full-body support solution for pregnant women. It can also be used to support the back for people suffering from sciatica and issues of lower back pain. We loved this pillow especially because it keeps the body perfectly tucked in all night long thus relieving you from any pressure. You will, therefore, enjoy more quality sleep with lesser tossing and turning.
This Cheer Collection Pillow uses high-quality materials, from which you can enjoy unparalleled coziness, comfort, loft, and warmth. For a moment, you will be able to forget the discomforts that pregnancy causes. You can also tuck this pillow between the knees for improved temperature control and to relieve back pain.
The pillow has a zippered cover, which is easy to remove for cleaning.
- Cheer Collection Pillow uses cotton/polyester fabric, which is comfortable on your skin.
- It has a zippered pillowcase which is easy to remove for cleaning. Maintenance is, therefore, easy.
- The shape of this pillow is perfect. However, the stuffing is lumpy and stiff, which is a call to a stiff neck.
Pregnancy is tough already; you do not want to make it harder on yourself by not getting quality rest. It is about time that you purchased a quality pregnancy pillow to support your body at night for a restful sleep. By now you are well equipped to make a wise decision on the best body pillow for pregnancy.
For an easier time, we recommend that you stick to the recommendations that we have reviewed above. Our top pick is the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow. The design of this pillow has the pregnant woman in mind. Primary emphasis is on the midsection, which will grow as your belly grows. The pillow has received several excellent reviews from the users, which means that it comfort and support is reliable. However, the cover is not easy to remove, and the filling does not have good air circulation. All in all, it is a great body pillow for pregnancy.